10 Ways To Show Someone With Chronic Pain That You Care – We have all been there, had a friend or loved one going through a hard time and we just are unsure what to do for them. We make the offer that if they need anything to let us know, but for whatever the reason, they don’t reach out. Having a friend or family member with chronic pain means there is a long-term need and we want to show we love and care for them and that they are not in this fight alone.
Here are 10 ways to show someone with chronic pain that you care written by someone with chronic pain:
1. The most important thing and way to show you care is being that listening ear when we need it. Unless we are asking for advice, don’t try to fix anything, please just listen. Sometimes we just want and need to vent.
2. Are you going to the store? Call us and ask if you can pick something up for us.
3. Ask if you can come over and clean our house or do some laundry. We may not want you to see our mess, but sometimes we need the extra help.
4. Make a meal or a few freezer meals we can use on our “bad days”. Pizza can get pretty old sometimes and when we don’t feel good enough to cook, we can just pop it in the oven and it’s the best thing ever!
5. Send us a text or mail us a thinking of you card and tell us why we are important to you or share a fun memory.
6. Plan a night in filled with movies, favorite foods, catch up time and memories. Just know we may have to cancel on you or even fall asleep during our “fun” time.
8. Offer to take us to a doctor appointment or read up on our condition so you can understand what we are going through, but please don’t become a doctor to our condition or believe because one person ate some special food they are now cured. We just want you to understand.
9. Find something inspiring for us – A cute coffee mug with a fun saying, a picture we can look at everyday, a journal we can write in. Something that will remind us how strong we are and to keep going when we are having a hard time.
10. Flowers, plants, or scented candles are always a great gesture as long as none of these trigger headaches. Try looking into buying us a new comfy pair of pajamas or a lounge outfit. Maybe even a new robe or slippers.
Above all, showing someone with chronic pain that you care can come in lots of forms and we are so thankful you stay by our side and continue to show your love for us. Living with chronic pain is never easy, but knowing you’re here and care about us makes it that much easier.
Are you someone with chronic pain? How has someone shown you that they care? Please leave us a comment in the section below.
Do you know someone who would like “10 Ways To Show Someone With Chronic Pain That You Care” Please share this with them.